Cinnamon-y, sugar-y churros are about to get the waffle treatment.
“Do you love churros but hate leaving the house to buy them? Now you can enjoy the flavor at home in the easiest way possible with these churro waffles,” said Kelly Tomlinson of lifestyle blog LiveLoveTexas.com.
“Best of all, no frying is required! You can also make these into a delicious dessert by adding some ice cream between two waffle quarters!”
STRAWBERRY FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE: TRY THE RECIPE
Whatever delectable way you choose to make them, get the recipe below.
Churro Waffles by Kelly Tomlinson of Live Love Texas
Makes 12 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
For the waffles:
5 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup butter melted
1 teaspoon salt
2 ½ cups flour
2 cups milk room temperature
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
BROWN BUTTER CINNAMON STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE: TRY THE RECIPE
For the churro topping:
5 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
Butter melted or cooking spray
THE POPULAR CEREAL THAT DEBUTED THE DECADE YOU WERE BORN
1. In a large bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, butter, salt, flour, milk, baking powder and cinnamon until well combined.
2. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
3. Lightly coat the waffle iron with cooking spray and spoon approximately ¾ cup to 1 cup batter onto the waffle iron for each waffle.
4. While the waffle is cooking, combine cinnamon and sugar for the churro topping together on a plate.
5. Once the waffle is done, coat each side with melted butter or butter spray and then roll in churro topping.
6. Breakfast is ready! If this isn’t enough sugar for you, you can also serve this with syrup. Top with strawberries, if desired.
This original recipe is owned by livelovetexas.com and was shared with Fox News Digital.
Read the full article here